After a successful kickoff into the year of 2018, RIZIN Fighting Federation will be holding their second event, which is also the first event of 3 back to back events. RIZIN. 11 on July 29th, RIZIN. 12 on August 12th and RIZIN. 13 on September 30th.
TOKYO – On June 8th, RIZIN held a press conference at the RIZIN Headquarters in Nishiazabu Tokyo, to announce a fight that has just been confirmed. Chairman Nobuyuki Sakakibara, General Manager Nobuhiko Takada and the Japanese veteran Takanori Gomi showed at the scene.
Chairman Sakakibara announced that tickets for RIZIN.11 will go on sale on June 10th, and will be available across all convenient stores across the Nation. International fans will be able to purchase the tickets on Stubhub.com. General Manager Takada then announced the one fight the federation had to announce. Gomi vs Souwer is set at 73kg, RIZIN Special MMA rules, 3 x 5 minute rounds with no elbows above the neck.
It seems that the problems of Conor McGregor resulting from his attack on a bus with UFC fighters at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York will not be too serious. Former UFC champion Conor McGregor was scheduled to appear yesterday on June 14 in a court caused by three charges of assault and one criminal offense. McGregor commented on the social media date of the hearing, only that he intends to fly out to New York on Tuesday to face the accusations before the Thursday's hearing. According to the Business Insider report, law experts do not expect too severe a penalty imposed by the court on the Irishman. William Kephart, a former prosecutor from Long Island, told USA Today that McGregor's law situation is "just an ordinary case." In addition, Steven Raiser, another former New York prosecutor, told USA Today that the allegations were "not very serious." He added that "the good news for McGregor is that the most serious charge is the payment for property damage. Without previous criminal history, this penalty will be reduced as part of the charge. "
If former New York prosecutors are right, McGregor will be legally allowed to return to the Octagon at the end of 2018, which will of course make the long-awaited return and potential fight against the lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov possible (if the negotiations are successful).
Conor McGregor Appears at Brooklyn Courthouse, Releases Statement:
A few days ago, has been announce, that Damian Stasiak (10-5) signed a contract for the next duel in the UFC organization, and today we know the place and the next opponent with whom he will face in the Octagon. The opponent of the Pole will be a debutant from China, Pingyuan Liu (13-4), and the fight will take place during the UFC Fight Night 134 in Hamburg.
Pingyuan Liu is a Chinese fighter, who will make his debut in the UFC organization in a fight with the Pole. Currently, he has excellent results of eight wins in a row, which he gained during performances in two Chinese organizations: WLF and RUFF. Only one duel from the last eight ended with the decision, the rest decided in their favor ahead of time.
Damian Stasiak, so far, fought five duels for the UFC, and his balance is 2 wins and 3 defeats. Damian has not good run because he lost two battles in a row where he could not stand up to Pedro Munhoz and Brian Kelleher. The duel with Kelleher, which took place during the event in Gdańsk, was chosen for fight of the evening.